Sunday 11 March 2012

Avez-vous eu une bonne semaine?


Hey I'm back. Sorry it has been almost a week if not longer. So much has happened in this last week that I have been so tired and could not bring my self to blog. Now I have some time and I would like to share with you what I have been up to so here we go. ENJOY!!!!

So did you have a good week? My week was more of a relaxing week. I didn’t really do a whole lot like I did last week.  I went to a friend’s house and stayed the night on Monday and Tuesday. He is really nice and his girlfriend is amazingly kind and pretty. His family is unbelievably kind. His sister Manon is older and really amazing. She helped us make CREPS!!!!!!!!!! We ate crêpes for a snack at four and then for dinner we ate crêpes and for desert guess what more crêpes!!!!  All in all it was a good two days. We also after eating all those crepes we watched the movie room 1408, (for those of you who know me, you know that I don’t watch horror movies and guess what I watched a horror movie) which is about this reporter and how he goes and stays at different hotels that clame to have paranormal activity until he gets a postcard that says check out room 1408 at the dolphin hotel in New York..... Things happen but if you want to find out more watch ROOM 1408.
So on Wednesday went with Lea to meet one of her friends that she hasn’t seen in a while. There were a couple of other girls coming so we were going to meet up and all go at the same time. Well on the way there I don’t know what happened but I ended up falling and scraping my knee really, really badly.  The cut is probably the size of a ping pong ball. It stung so much but I made the best of the situation and I said that the point of this exchange was to experience the culture and every aspect of the French life. So I decided that in order for that to be possible obviously I had to hurt myself, ya probably not my best option but at least I know that the ground is hard and mom and dad I didn’t break the ground that is how I found it, I swear!!! :D
So after my little accident I decided that it would be better if I spent the next day relaxing and trying not to make things worse.  So I spent the day on facebook and reading and various other things that didn’t involve a lot of moving around. Also Anna had some friends over and they were singing so Anna asked me if I would help out their group and sing with them. Anna was playing the piano and one of her friends was playing the guitar and another friend was singing. The song was someone Like you by Adele (if you know me then you know that I love to sing and that I love to sing Adele and that I love to sing her song someone like you).
Thursday night or when I woke up Friday morning I noticed that I had my first dream since I had been in France. I do not quite remember what the dream was about exactly but I remember that it was about EVIAN water and the family was there and get this my dream was in FRENCH. My 1st dream in France and it happens to be in French. It was strange but cool at the same time! :D
By Friday my knee was feeling better so I had a little adventure with Joel. Lea’s parents are planning on renovating their kitchen so I went with Joel and we went to look at kitchens. The stores were like the Home Depot but all Kitchens. We went to three different stores and I actually understood pretty well everything that was being said between Joel and the person helping us. That is what I did in the morning and in the afternoon Becca, my friends from school (Becca is from the states. She lives in Connecticut) invited me to go to the centre – ville (downtown Poitier) with her and a guy from Turkey and a girl from Italy. Turns out that the guy from Turkey and the girl from Italy couldn’t come so it was just me and Becca and near the end of the afternoon Lea.  She showed us some stores that aren’t really expensive and I bought some more jewellery and a pair of flats to go with my new dress I bought!!  I call it my confetti dress; can you not see that it looks like confetti?????
So Saturday lea was with her boyfriend and Anna was at her friend’s house so it was just me with Cathy and Joel. We watched the sorcerer’s apprentice. It was a really good movie and I understood most of it.
Cathy keeps telling me about how much progress I have been making. So lea suggested that I spend a week where I don’t speak English at all. I have to go on facebook as little as possible and see how much my French improves.  So I have chosen this week starting tomorrow ill next Sunday I’m going to try and speak nothing but French so there will be a delay on the blogging and the communication. Though I would let you all know that so that you didn’t worry. I know you all would, but anyways. 
In summary from my 2 weeks of vacation which now has come to a close, I have been to La Rochelle and seen Canada and the Atlantic Ocean, gone to Futuroscope, had a dinner party with Jennah, Camille, and Camille’s family. Did I tell you about that, we had a dinner party a week ago yesterday and I got to see the other Canadian girl who is here her name is Jennah!! We ate lots of food and played Just dance three on the wii. So much fun that night I went to bed at ohhhh 3 in the morning and got up at noon ya that was a tiring night. Anyway went to one of leas friends’ house for the night hurt myself and relaxed a whole lot. I now start a long 6 week of school then I have another 2 weeks of vacation and then I leave for Canada. Oh ya and in 4 weeks lea goes to Italy for a week.  Hope she has fun!!!

- Nathalie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment