Thursday 1 March 2012

Friday, saturday, sunday, monday, ect.

Where to start,
Oh yes, I know,
FRIDAY:       
    So for me Friday was a long awaited day because that marked two things. ONE, I had been in France at lea’s house for exactly two weeks. TWO, I started two weeks of vacations. (This I really need) That means that Fridays was both a happy day and a sad day, sad because I said goodbye to a friend. Amelie is a friend that I met at school on my first day of school. She was an exchange student here from Germany. Friday was her last time and I had only known her for two weeks.

Saturday: 
   Saturday night was my first French party. Let me tell you it was not what I had expected. I expected, well I don’t know what I expected but it was not what I saw. When Lea told me that I was going to a birthday party for one of her friends I thought ok birthday party. No it was a birthday party with cake and presents and games but the games were alcohol games weird. The party was fun because there was dancing and it was kind of funny watching drunk people dance. In case you are wondering I had one drink at 8:00 when we got there.

Sunday:
    So it was Cathy`s eldest sisters granddaughters birthday. We went to her house. (Cathy is lea`s mom and her sisters name is Lillian) I got to meet pretty well all of Cathy`s family which was nice. She has three sisters a brother but I only bet two sisters her one sister wasn’t there and nether was her brother.
Monday:
    Today was especially interesting because I went to La Rochelle. La Rochelle is a city right on the sea. We had the perfect day. It was sunny and warm and there were clouds but they were scarce and white and fluffy. I spent the day with Dasha and her husband and her son and his family.  Lea had syncro practice, her mom had to work, Anna had basketball and her dad had to work. I spent the morning touring around where Dasha`s son lives. It was so beautiful. Dasha`s granddaughter says that this city is the sleeping city because there are a lot of younger people that live there so they sleep until noon. The only people who are up before noon are the elderly people or people with babies. Though that that was kind of true and funny.I also discovered a new singer her name is Lana Del Rey. Her music sounds kind of strange but I think it sounds interesting.
               
    In the afternoon we went to La Rochelle and saw the sea and toured the city. The thing that I love about France is that you can go anywhere and everything looks the same. It looks old and worn-down, but at the same time it is all very different with a different story to tell. You see history and I love that about France and about Europe.

Tuesday:
    After all the partying and traveling I had been doing in t he last three days I had to do nothing, so I stayed at home with Cathy and Anna and I helped Cathy do some house work. Then we played a game called mastermind. This game is so fun.


Wednesday:

    FUTUROSCOPE! The Futuroscope is an amusement park that has a lot of things to do with the future if you didn`t get that from the name of the park. I went with Lea, Camille, Anna, Beggie (he is from Iceland) romain and Jennah. We spent the entire day there and it was so cool. There were robots and people dressed up in costumes and said that they were from another planet. For me to describe the place does not do it justice. You will just have to hop on a plane to Paris then take a train to the Futuroscope and see it for yourself, or if that is not an option then here are some of my favourite pictures of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment